V&A WATERFRONT OCEAN SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAMME
The V&A Waterfront will be hosting the Volvo Ocean Race (VOR) for the 11th time in 2018. The 17 day event is a platform to showcase the South African Maritime and Ocean sectors to both local and international audiences.
Their involvement with this popular event will see a roll-out of educational programmes and projects to promote environmental sustainability and resilience, and address the current water crisis with a solution-driven approach. VOR sponsors will receive exposure and credibility through association with these social responsibility projects.
Below are a few of the environmental awareness projects hosted by the V&A Waterfront for the race:
- Sustainable Fishing Practices
- Innovation Competition with Silicon Cape
- The Circular Economy with See Saw Do
- Ocean Film Festival curated by Wavescape
- Inspirational Speakers with TedXCT
- Amphitheatre performances (Waterfront Theatre School)
- Design Challenge with the CCDI
OCEAN SUSTAINABILITY CONFERENCES
- Cape Town Ocean Summit held in association with the UN, UNESCO, V&A Waterfront & Volvo Ocean Race on dealing with Ocean Plastics pollution
- Ocean Sustainability Conference hosted in association with UN, UNESCO & the International Ocean Institute – Africa